Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone get PZeros with the X73. They gave me Goodyears. I did a launch control at the light this morning and it spun to the right to the point I had to put in steering correction. PSM was on (w/PTV), I've got 4400K on the tires, 33psi after driving 35miles and 55 degrees. I was surprised how easy it spun. It didn't spin as much in 80 degree weather but I thought the tires should have been warm enough. I feel that the car is down on performance due to the tires.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just took delivery of my CGTS yesterday... I have X73 and my car came with P Zeros...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I've had the Pirellis on for nearly 2 years--about 14K on them and 1 track day--and think they are a decent tire on dry roads, but aren't great in the wet, ride harder than the GY (had them on our old 987) and can get loud on certain types of pavement.
The GY in 18" sizes struck me as a better tire--better ride, quieter, at least as much traction as the Pzero--and cost less to replace with similar tires.
Funny-- I had asked the dealer to flip the wheels before delivery to a GY set but they didn't get around to it..

·
Registered
545 Posts
Did anyone get PZeros with the X73. They gave me Goodyears. I did a launch control at the light this morning and it spun to the right to the point I had to put in steering correction. PSM was on (w/PTV), I've got 4400K on the tires, 33psi after driving 35miles and 55 degrees. I was surprised how easy it spun. It didn't spin as much in 80 degree weather but I thought the tires should have been warm enough. I feel that the car is down on performance due to the tires.
Tire temp. and road (track) temp. = grip. Same stop light?

·
Registered
95 Posts
The "light" you are referring to is the Christmas tree at the drag strip? I wouldn't blame the tires, they can only take so many launch controls.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same light, down the street where I work at 6:00 AM there's no one around. I wonder if it wouldn't slide right if it didn't have PTV.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The "light" you are referring to is the Christmas tree at the drag strip? I wouldn't blame the tires, they can only take so many launch controls.
Street light. I've only done it 4 times since I got the car in December.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have PZero on 19" and X73, the only time I tried a launch the traction control seemed to kill things more than wheel spin. That was in 100°F heat. I don't have a suitable place to try it without PSM.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I know yours were Goodyear, but I can tell you without a doubt that there is huge difference in grip on the Pzeros based on temperature. Warm or Hot I found them to be extremely grippy. Cold like 55 degrees air temp, and freshly after start up very little grip - so loose that it almost feels like the car would slide down my inclined driveway when the wheel is turned hard over.

Reactions: Mike R.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts