Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Case you haven't gotten it yet, dated 12/12/14 Porsche sent out a recall notice on 981s (and 991s), stating that the frunk lid might fly up in our faces at speed "which could result in a crash." Duh. They talk about a loaner car. Hmmm . . . a loaner car from Porsche. Can they stick us with an Audi or might we really get a Porsche??????

·
Registered
371 Posts
I think our local Porsche dealer uses Cayennes if they are available, otherwise its one of the many A4s in the loaner fleet.

The saddest loaner car I ever got was when I need a window regulated fixed asap. The window was stuck open and the temps were -10F. They got me in the same day but had to rent a Yaris from Enterprise. I was very happy to have it fixed so quickly.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Today all 918 (yes 918 not 981) in Saudi Arabia were recalled for a front axel problem that breaks at speed. I didn't get the call :) but I got informed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
'Case you haven't gotten it yet, dated 12/12/14 Porsche sent out a recall notice on 981s (and 991s), stating that the frunk lid might fly up in our faces at speed "which could result in a crash."...
I had read about the possibility of this recall a couple of months ago. I asked my dealer's service department about it while scheduling my 981BS (2014) for an oil change preparatory to winter lay-up last month. At that time they said there were no open recalls on my car, so either it hadn't been announced yet or doesn't affect all 981s/991s. I've seen nothing in the mail yet either. If I get a notice I'll have the work done in the spring when the car's back on the road.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
'Case you haven't gotten it yet, dated 12/12/14 Porsche sent out a recall notice on 981s (and 991s), stating that the frunk lid might fly up in our faces at speed "which could result in a crash." Duh. They talk about a loaner car. Hmmm . . . a loaner car from Porsche. Can they stick us with an Audi or might we really get a Porsche??????
I always get Porsche loaners. Even for normal service.

Reactions: DFW

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
Can they stick us with an Audi or might we really get a Porsche??????
That depends entirely upon your dealer. Do they only sell Porsches? If they sell Nissans, they could give you one of those. And you might not like what they give you like a huge ridiculous Panny you can't park up in the great northwest ;)

Besides, its a 30 minute fix. No big deal. Just wait.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That depends entirely upon your dealer. Do they only sell Porsches? If they sell Nissans, they could give you one of those. And you might not like what they give you like a huge ridiculous Panny you can't park up in the great northwest ;)

While technically the Portland dealer "only sell Porsches," the Audi dealership on the adjacent lot is owned by the same folks. If they offer an Audi, I'll wait the half hour. Ditto if it's a Porsche SUV. But a sports car from Porsche . . . in that case I'd take the loaner just for fun. Even if it were a 981 base model, it would be interesting to see the differences (between that and the CS I've got). I don't supposed anyone gets a 911 as a loaner . . .

·
Premium Member
693 Posts

Dealership did just that. Had a Panny Hybrid for over a week. Boring, very boring, but the extra seats worked out very well since we had people to drive around. Wife loved the comfort though.

Also, I asked about the frunk latch recall. They stated VIN specific and my '15 CS was not part of the campaign.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Put in my VIN and my GTS is not part of the recall

·
Registered
223 Posts
My CS, delivered July 2014, is part of the recall. Now I have to go 2 hours to the dealer for this dumb latch. They would pick it up but why would I want them driving my car 200 miles?
Larry

1 - 20 of 67 Posts