Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I got a good deal on some yellow headlight film and I've had it on for about 4 months now. Wanted to get everyone's opinions on it, I'm considering taking it back off, I've gotten a mix of positive and negative feedback from people in my local car scene. All your feedback is welcome, positive or negative.

Attachments

·
Vendor
6,493 Posts
I think it looks weird and out of place.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I think it looks awesome. Gives a nod to some of the late 60's, early 70's racers. I bought the film last year, but never got around to installing it. May have to now.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
If you like it cool. That's the only nice thing I can ante up. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Not a good look to me. Plus you may want to check your state's laws as I seem to recall on a long ago thread that it is illegal in many places. Don't give the police an excuse to pull you over.:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
Hey all. I got a good deal on some yellow headlight film and I've had it on for about 4 months now. Wanted to get everyone's opinions on it,
Do you use your headlights? Is so, does it make the lights duller than normal? Is so, then what is more important to you, bling or seeing?

That is how I would decide. Your choice.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Don't use any film clear or colored on 981 headlights.The headlights have a UV coating which is a very thin film. When you remove any film that you have attached you stand a good chance of removing the UV coating film. Happened on my last 981 no headlight film on the new one. Carl

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
Don't use any film clear or colored on 981 headlights.The headlights have a UV coating which is a very thin film.
That was true on the early 981/991 cars, particularly for adding clear bra over the headlights, they were delaminating. That's not true on the 987 cars. I had clearbra on the headlight for 8 years and it was perfectly fine. Different models.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
No one in their right mind would ever want yellow headlight lenses.

photo r8smaller (Medium).jpg

In racing, yellow lenses are often used in GT sports car racing as a way to help identity a slower race car class that is racing along with a faster race class. This allows for a driver to better predict the speed differentials between different cars moving around the track.

Reactions: cheech and chows4us

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think it looks great. I had yellow film on my black e92 M3 and people loved it. Was thinking of doing it again on my white 987.2.

I think yours would look even better if you lowered the car. Yellow headlights are a bold statement and typically a cars stance has to back it up.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
It looks odd with the color of your car but it is your car and if you like it, fine. AS others said, you might want to check the legality of it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts