Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, finally in a good place to consider serious mods to my CR this year and while the only changes for the rest of this summer/fall will likely be brake pads, fluids and tires, I'm starting to assemble bits for the winter makeover.

Suspension will be tweaked (buy Tarret engineering stock now y'all!), and will likely to do some cosmetic upgrades with a GT-3 or GT-4 derived front end as well, but my main focus will be on engine flow. IPD plenum and throttle body is a given but I'm torn on the exhaust.

Easy button would be to just buy a Cargraphic, Fabspeed or other complete system, but I think there's some merit to a mix and match approach. My current inclination is a Fabspeed street header and Remus titanium exhaust...likely Fabspeed black tips though. Max weight savings with about the same HP.

I know there are likely as many opinions on exhaust setups as there are members here, but what am I missing or not considering?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Most exhaust makers test and tune complete systems..So you better off if you dont mix n match imho. Since you already doing power mods like ipd plenum etc do the exhaust mod for sound only..In other words pick a complete system exhaust that sounds best to you. Some sound good on youtube videos and to people on the street and some sound good to the driver inside. Finding an exhaust that sounds good from inside / out and drones minimally is the real challenge to everyone who goes down this path... good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.