·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am looking at a 2011 Boxster which has the following options:
619 - Bluetooth Interface For Mobile Phone
680 - Bose Surround Sound System
870 - Universal Audio Interface
I was told this car cannot stream music.
Am I to understand that no 2011 Boxster can stream music, or only those with the CDR-24/CDR-30? head unit option?

·
Incurable Gearhead
928 Posts
Sadly bluetooth streaming was never offered in the 987.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi, I am looking at a 2011 Boxster which has the following options:
619 - Bluetooth Interface For Mobile Phone
680 - Bose Surround Sound System
870 - Universal Audio Interface
I was told this car cannot stream music.
Am I to understand that no 2011 Boxster can stream music, or only those with the CDR-24/CDR-30? head unit option?
See this post for an after market solution.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
6,503 Posts
Do not worry about it. Throw away stock, radio, put in nice aftermarket unit with all the modern bells and whistles, and enjoy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey, I am also looking for options as I have bought a boxster 987 and want Bluetooth and aux cord. Hop in on my latest thread post, and hopefully we’ll find a good solution

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am a big fan in general of after market radios, however if you want to to keep the Bose system in place, it gets very difficult and expensive, and certain display functions and speaker adjustments will be lost. Bypassing the Bose amplifiers will also lose the custom EQ that was in place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, FM streaming is not going to work for me. It's hard to digest spending $35k on a modern car and not get bluetooth streaming. Music is a very important part of my life.

·
Vendor
6,503 Posts
I admit, I don't know much about 987, but why would you loose Bose sound? I'm sure there are adapters that will output aftermarket unit sound to existing wiring.

Again, don't know about 987, but in 981 the non-navigation PCM is absolutely, completely useless, and you won't miss anything of essense after replacing it with something modern.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have found this aftermarket adapter kit that is supposed to interface a new head unit to the existing Bose amplifier/speakers and steering wheel controls etc. Has anybody had experience with it?
Note it is a confirmed fit, despite the ebay check dialog failing for a 987.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have found this aftermarket adapter kit that is supposed to interface a new head unit to the existing Bose amplifier/speakers and steering wheel controls etc. Has anybody had experience with it?
Note it is a confirmed fit, despite the ebay check dialog failing for a 987.
There are quite a few videos on YouTube, with this setup. However, it is important to note that you would also need to buy a screen, that replaces the old radio. Within that screen, you can do Bluetooth, CarPlay, navigation and everything a 2020 can do. I suggest either pioneer or kenwood, these have highly rated products.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts