Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on returning my 997.1 C4S Cabriolet to street duties and putting together a 2009+ Cayman w/PDK for mostly track duties. Current thinking is to go all TPC - turbo kit, full suspension package - with a Cantrell cage & Cobra Evolution Pro seats (repurposed from the 997). Given that things like upgraded interior and the like don't matter, I'm left wondering what value there would in in getting an S over the base besides the extra .5 liters. The current price delta would just about pay for the turbo...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would call TPC, they would know best. Turbocharging either engine will make plenty of power, I'm sure, but they may prefer the 3.4L engine for some reason. The S model has 15mm larger front brake rotors (330mm), which is a benefit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback, left off I'd planned on replacing rotors with 2-piece. The only things I could think of that I wasn't going to address were displacement and any PDK differences. If I was going to do this over a period of time I'd go with the S for the built-in performance benefits but the budget allows for fully modifying a base now. That's the route I went with my 997 which evolved over a couple of years.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think it all boils down to turbo HP/TQ numbers with a 3.4 vs. a 2.9, and then deciding how much you're willing to pay for that delta. Since both would be significantly above stock numbers, I'd go with the cheaper option and leave yourself a nice mod/tires/track day fees/trailer budget...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts