Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

I've found a 981 that I am interested in buying, the one option it is missing is infotainment with BOSE, So I have some questions.

Does the Base system head unit have lower quality output capability than the Infotainment or PCM plus options?

I searched On the forum and found a lot of good info, but I still have a few questions.

1. Can i get 'too good' of speakers to where the limitations of the audio are from the Base audio Head unit audio output?

2. I don't think the Base audio head unity has Sirius XM capability, is there a 'clean' and high quality way to get Sirius XM With the base audio?

If i do get this car, I plan on upgrading the speakers of the base system, I don't care about wireless bluetooth music streaming, But I do really enjoy satellite radio.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use the iPhone app for xm and a cheap Bluetooth adaptor in glovebox with my base radio. I have no touched speakers as I only use radio on longer trips.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome thanks for your response, and also does anyone know if the speaker compartments come with the base audio but there are just no speakers in them?? Like, would it be easy to plop in a few speakers and recreate the bose-type of system?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts