Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
Been wrestling back and forth, as I know a lot of you have in the past, on whether to do springs or coilovers on my 2010 Carrera S. My sole purpose is to lower the car a bit and give it a more aggressive stance, and eliminate the wheel gap, but not compromise performance or ride quality. After doing countless hours of searching and research, I am really at a toss up. I had H&R springs on my 2010 Cayman S, and while they gave the car a great stance and look.....it felt like crap. Way to stiff and bouncy. From my understanding, Carrera's equipped PSAM should go with Eibach springs, if you are going to go that route. What I would like to get is some real world input from those of you that have taken the plunge already, and what you liked and disliked.
Thank-you guys for your input!

1. Springs - Eibach, H&R or Techarts?
2. Coilovers - Eibach, H&R or Other Suggestions?
3. Installation - Would you recommend the dealer doing this? Or is it pretty straight forward that an indy shop could perform the install?
4. Needs - Strictly a fun weekend driver. No plans for track use I see in the future. Don't want to sacrifice ride/performance.
5. Budget - Not to concerned about the cost, as long as it fits the needs.

IMG_4720.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Coilovers all day everyday!

Springs are not an all round solution. I do not think my old 987 was any better on springs than it was on stock PASM.....and my GT3 rides far far better!!

Springs can make the ride very jiggly and honestly are a quick dirty solution, although they do most of what most people want, and that was me included. Lowered looks primarily.

The mutts nuts of coilovers for me is KW....it's what the factory MB Black Series are fitted with along with the M3 CSL, Gumpert amongst others. Completely adjustable and street through to track options available from different systems. Multi-way adjustment allows for ride height to be perfect as well as the ride comfort.

Installation can be done at any reputable shop, but best is a shop with a good reputation for alignment.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If cost isn't a concern then KW's are what you're looking for. If you had to go for springs only I would say from previous cars (Renault and Audi) that H&R's have been slightly lower than Eibachs but can be 'crashy'. Eibachs are the more comfortable spring-only option.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If cost isn't a concern then KW's are what you're looking for. If you had to go for springs only I would say from previous cars (Renault and Audi) that H&R's have been slightly lower than Eibachs but can be 'crashy'. Eibachs are the more comfortable spring-only option.
I completely agree. I put Kw3 coilovers on mine. Best thing i ever did. Well ****ing worth it.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
No way I would put springs only on a car like this. I had B16 Damptronics on my previous car as it had PASM, and it's the only way I would want to put into the car outside of OEM shocks/springs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts