Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All you 981 Boxster guys have drawn your line in the sand.

You bought the only convertible sports car in the world that actually sells for less that the hardtop version. You know what I am talking about.
Each of you secretly thinks he is smarter than the Cayman guys who spent more money for a few more HP and a car with a fixed roof. You have exactly what you wanted. Now you have to live with it.

You can dream on and hope that Porsche will build a GT4 for you, but it is not going to happen. Enjoy your respective cars and stop this nonsense. The GT4 is a track car that is street legal. 5 minutes of you in a convertible GT4 and you will be complaining about the ride height, how loud it is, how fast the tires wear(forget the cost of the rears) and that the ride is way to harsh. What will you do when you can't lower the top from your key fob?

I respect you right to have a Boxster, but I do not have to listen or agree to your "I do not understand why there is not a PDK Boxster GT4" nonsense.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
What makes it impossible to have both? :hilarious:

You bought the only convertible sports car in the world that actually sells for less that the hardtop version. You know what I am talking about.
Each of you secretly thinks he is smarter that the Cayman guys who spent more money for a few more HP and a car with a fixed roof. You have exactly what you wanted. Now you have to live with it.

You can dream on and hope that Porsche will build a GT4 for you, but it is not going to happen. Enjoy your respective cars and stop this nonsense. The GT4 is a track car that is street legal. 5 minutes of you in a convertible GT4 and you will be complaining about the ride height, how loud it is, how fast the tires wear(forget the cost of the rears) and that the ride is way to harsh. What will you do when you can't lower the top from your key fob?

I respect you right to have a Boxster, but I do not have to listen or agree to your "I do not understand why there is not a PDK Boxster GT4" nonsense.

·
Registered
269 Posts
But they'll probably get a 3.8 spyder with some fancy scaffolding for a roof?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have a 981 Boxster S and I ordered a Cayman GT4 this afternoon.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Force-fed alcantara? Pavement-seeking aerodynamics? No PDK? Looks like something from the "Fast and Furious" prop warehouse? More marketing BS than an Amway sales pitch from Steve Jobs? Meh. It might take years of therapy but I'm sure I'll get over the lack of a ragtop GT4.

If I feel the need for more speed, I'll just call BGB when my 981BS's warranty is up. :dance:

·
Registered
955 Posts

Each of you secretly thinks he is smarter that the Cayman guys who spent more money for a few more HP and a car with a fixed roof. You have exactly what you wanted. Now you have to live with it.

Did I miss a thread somewhere? Where is this conversation occurring? :confused:

Reactions: rjpeaks

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, you may have missed it. I got tired of reading various bellyaching comments from the convertible guys wanting to know why they are not getting a GT4 PDK convertible so I started a new thread. Hope you do not mind.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
or you can opt for one of these
Yeah, but you can get a %-off discount on a Porsche; try doing that with Stihl. :crazy:

​I have no GT4-envy at all.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Each of you secretly thinks he is smarter that the Cayman guys who spent more money for a few more HP and a car with a fixed roof.
Nope. Smarter is irrelevant. Car selection is a subjective matter. I may prefer a ragtop but if someone prefers a hardtop then they should purchase accordingly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
AaronR. What was it about the Macan that your wife didn't like. I am asking, as my wife and I went to a Macan introduction, and my wife was kind of "neutral" about the vehicle. Next year, we are planning to sell/trade her Volvo and get something new for her. (Maybe another Volvo, maybe not) Porsche seems to be selling all the Macans they can make, and as I understand it....have a 6 month waiting list for this vehicle. Thanks.

(2015 Macan S (White on black with red belts) - Gone after 7000 miles. Wife did not like)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Wouldn't trade my Boxster GTS for a GT4, GT3, a manual soft top GT4 variant, or a 4 cyl turbo lagger. jus' sayin ...

1 - 20 of 101 Posts