Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well brought the Boxster for the first time in for a 30K minor service, since we own it last year. Well I don't drive the car too much as it is my wife her car.

The well known Na...dha in Dubai wanted to repair/replace so many things, here I go.

1)All Tires, as their production date is 2007/8. The thread is still very good!
2)Re-flushing of the brake OIL.
3)Replacing brake pads while they are still looking very good. (half way)
4)Replacing of V belt, needed because car is almost five years old.
5)Now they noticed some oil and recommended to replace the sealing, not cheap to do. Further I don't see any OIL on the street and level never drops so why repairing? An engine is allowed to sweat right??
6) They also noticed some coolant crystals under the engine, concluding there is a leakage. They recommended to replace the coolant pump. Why not the sealing only??

I believe they overdo it. Can accept the V-belt replacement and will do the brake OIL re-flushing next service when changing the brakes.

Any advice?

Ed

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Well brought the Boxster for the first time in for a 30K minor service, since we own it last year. Well I don't drive the car too much as it is my wife her car.

The well known Na...dha in Dubai wanted to repair/replace so many things, here I go.

1)All Tires, as their production date is 2007/8. The thread is still very good!
2)Re-flushing of the brake OIL.
3)Replacing brake pads while they are still looking very good. (half way)
4)Replacing of V belt, needed because car is almost five years old.
5)Now they noticed some oil and recommended to replace the sealing, not cheap to do. Further I don't see any OIL on the street and level never drops so why repairing? An engine is allowed to sweat right??
6) They also noticed some coolant crystals under the engine, concluding there is a leakage. They recommended to replace the coolant pump. Why not the sealing only??

I believe they overdo it. Can accept the V-belt replacement and will do the brake OIL re-flushing next service when changing the brakes.

Any advice?

Ed
Times are tough all over the world.a lot of dealerships are making up for lost revenue due to lack of sales of new vehicles.I would trust to a degree that what they are saying are needed fixes. Maybe just ask them what can be put off till a later date so as not hit you too hard with a big bill.Like what has already been said the tires maybe ok.I would say that if YOU are a car enthusiast you probably have a good idea of what needs to be done and what does not,In areas that effect safety or could definetly lead to more costly repair later i would have it fixed now.....

·
Registered
123 Posts
I use ARM in Al Quoz. They also sell Warranty for Porsche which allows you to modify and track.

ARM prepare CUP cars for local series, they won with the Kaleej Car this year.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Eddy,

I didn't see this post until now, but I agree they are overdoing it a little, however they do only see our cars every two years so a lot of dealers air on the side of caution.

If you think it is over the top then speak to the After Sales Manager (Detlef), he knows his stuff and is very reasonable.

I'd do the v-belt, brake fluid and ask them to clean the under tray of oil and then in a few months check again to see if it has come back, and if so how much. The tyres can wait until they are down to the wear markers.

The water pump is probably because water pumps do fail and if you are taking it off for resealing you may as well replace it, as they are relatively cheap, and whilst doing the v-belt it is easy to do.

I'd ask for them to indicate how much pad is left on the inside, because the outside pads which you are probably looking at is not representative of both, and you can be caught out with the innside pads.

I find Al Nabooda quite good and I've built a good relationship up with the management there, and whilst ARM or House of Cars can also do a good job they are also not that cheap, and will not always do things the way a dealer will, for better or worse.

We need to get together again soon, and I'm planning a trip to Jebel Hafeet if you're up for it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did the V belt and changed the braking oil. I will consider the other jobs for my next visit or after that. They wanted to sell me the extra warranty which would have been nice if they will repair the issues under this warranty, what was a no! But he if I had this warranty already I know for sure they wouldn't address the leaking of coolant and Oil which I still have to discover myself.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Eddy,

I didn't see this post until now, but I agree they are overdoing it a little, however they do only see our cars every two years so a lot of dealers air on the side of caution.

that doesn't apply to my car in perticuler , I get the 15k service afted about a month from recieving the car , " Got it in march , 15k service in April , 30 k service in june then I went abroad for a while and thus am now abou 42000 , so I will be checking it soon .

I find Al Nabooda quite good and I've built a good relationship up with the management there, and whilst ARM or House of Cars can also do a good job they are also not that cheap, and will not always do things the way a dealer will, for better or worse.

We need to get together again soon, and I'm planning a trip to Jebel Hafeet if you're up for it.
truth to be told , they are much better than the Ali and sons dealer in AD, there service department is very friendly , yet I decovered that some parts in ali and Sons workshop are cheaper than they are in alnaboodah , So when I replaced my breaks I got all 4 breakpad sets and wire sersors from ali and sone for about 1800 dirhams and then fitted them in a gerage I know in Ajman Where it costed me additional 200 AED , But I got to get me car the same day and that is a major thing for me since I really don't like to keep waiting ....

my best Advice for you is to try and find a better deal for your tyres outside and MAKE sure that THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME TYRES LIKE THE ONES YOU ALREADY HAVE , nad that they are the madel for porsche not ferraries or CLs, that did happen to me and I had to change back, to the same model I alredy had .

Just be sure that know What if you do out side the dealer shop will forfit the porsche warrenty and What will not... to make sure you do it properly Just call both dealers and tell tham that you already have the parts from the other dealer , Would they fit it today ?? ususally they will say no we have a long Q of cars , insist that you can't leave the car for more than few hours , then pose the question , can I do it outside ? and the answer will be the real answer , if it will void the warrenty or not ......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.