Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Porsche unleashed the GT4 configurator and the productivity and/or sleep of many petrolheads is plummeting, I wonder what your favorite GT4 build is.

Here is my first one http://www.porsche-code.com/PGQEV8L7

Note I am still of debating with myself about the need for:

1. Extended fuel tank (useful for Euro delivery)
2. AC and PCM/Radio or not (not because of the $ but because of the weight)
3. if I should add the extended leather

I also wonder why the gear lever in brushed alu is not part of the interior package. And where my yellow gauges are ;)

Looks like there is no Bose or Burmeister to go against the engine sound ;)

·
Noob
843 Posts
My favorite GT4 config is (would have been) one with a PDK :(
Or better said, it would be the GTS + that nice fixed wing + that steering wheel assuming it allowed paddles along with controls like the 918 + extra performance goodies.

Not digging the side vent guard thingy, seems out of place. And never really liked the GT3 styled front looks with that gap in the hood.
I also wish they offer wheels in black color to contrast better with the yellow. I like minimal color differences.

Hmm, just noticed its missing a sound system upgrade too :( Would have been a deal breaker, I am anal about my speakers, I am one of those who uses STAX headphones at home.
Besides you need some music to dampen that engine noise that can get annoying after a while.

Considering the car is lowered 30mm, axle lift system would be nice for regular driving like the GT3 and 918.

Really liking that yellow color with yellow interior stitching. Wish they offered it for the GTS.

But otherwise if my main purpose was track only then something along the lines of
http://www.porsche-code.com/PG2TWDV0

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
Now that Porsche unleashed the GT4 configurator and the productivity and/or sleep of many petrolheads is plummeting, I wonder what your favorite GT4 build is.
Hmm, that 6 unit CD changer is high on my list ;) Seriously though, I'm surprised the interior colors are so limited, no solid colors, just stitching?

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
Interesting that the configurator shows a $690 charge Bi-Xenon Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) and yet they appear to be included as std on the car: listed in the std equipment list as well as shown included on the "i" popup when selected.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
GT Silver
Full bucket seats
Dimming mirrors
CDR Plus

Curiously, the GT4 is not up on the Canadian configurator. This strikes me as strange...and I wouldn't be surprised if Porsche Canada increases the price on the GT4 relative to other Caymans more than the $10k or so premium a base GT4 commands over a GTS in the U.S.

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Note I am still of debating with myself about the need for:

1. Extended fuel tank (useful for Euro delivery)
2. AC and PCM/Radio or not (not because of the $ but because of the weight)
You truly surprised me!!! You are trading in your toy? And you turn to be this much hardcore nut about weight saving!

Interesting... I'm very happy for you buddy.

I guess the resale value of the 981 will drop sharply because of the GT4 then.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Wow. Price isn't bad at all

PGHES961
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGHES961

I would not add much. Loved yellow in the release pics.
Only other thing I would look at is the full bucket seats. Have to see in person to determine though.

·
Super Moderator
13,942 Posts
Not the base and S? No? But if I had just bought a GTS in the Fall of 2014, like 3 months ago, I would be screaming that for $10K more I could get 45HP more. I would be :mad: That has to be the cheapest Porsche ever sells HP. Ever.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: Cayman GT4 Announced!

Went thru the configurator and spec'd it out, will speak with my salesperson today to see where I am on the list :)

Cayman GT4 $84,600
Individual equipment Prices*
Sapphire Blue Metallic $710
Leather Interior, Black (Stitching in $1,090 Racing Yellow)

Bi-Xenon Headlights in Black incl. $690 Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Wings Supports in Black $0
Auto-Dimming Mirrors with Integrated $690 Rain Sensor

Extended Fuel Tank, 16.91 gal $0
Manual Transmission $0
20" GT4 Wheels $0
2-zone Automatic Climate Control $760
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell $0
Smoking Package $0
Deviated Stitching i.c.w. Leather Interior $1,490
Steering Wheel and Gear Lever in $0 Leather
Full Bucket Seats $4,730
Steering Column Casing in Leather $465 Exclusive

Storage Compartment Lid in Alcantara® $330 with 'PORSCHE' Logo Exclusive
Carbon Fiber Interior Package i.c.w. $1,180 Leather Interior Exclusive

Center Console Trim in Carbon Fiber $630 Exclusive
Porsche Communication Management $2,965 (PCM) incl. Navigation Module
Destination charge $995
Total price $101,325

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
http://www.porsche-code.com/PG4BC8X8 but that was on the middle eastern configurator without prices, need to redo it on the US configurator with pricing and all that jazz...

Ok here it is on the US Configurator: http://www.porsche-code.com/PG28N3N2

Woot, kept it under $100K!

The only question being Xenon lights, it looks like the Xenon light package listed is in Black for $690, I'm hoping that's just a color difference and that you get Xenons by default

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts

Nice picks, you cannot go wrong with any option, although personally I wouldn't spend a dime on any useless OEM Nav system ever, a sound system maybe.

The only question being Xenon lights, it looks like the Xenon light package listed is in Black for $690, I'm hoping that's just a color difference and that you get Xenons by default

BTW I want the PCM for other things besides just Nav but I hear you, Porsche's nav systems have never been great...

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Not the base and S? No? But if I had just bought a GTS in the Fall of 2014, like 3 months ago, I would be screaming that for $10K more I could get 45HP more. I would be :mad: That has to be the cheapest Porsche ever sells HP. Ever.
I disagree... my GTS is in production now and I'm not worried. The $10K more for 45HP isn't the issue for me, its the overall comfort, convenience of PDK, NAV, etc. The two cars are really aimed at two different customers, just like the Carrera GTS and GT3 are aimed at two different customers. I'm ok not having the most powerful Cayman, but I really did want one with "good" HP and an overall GREAT holistic package.

Now if I had bought a "stripped" GTS just for the extra 15HP and included extras for track day purposes, now that would be a hard pill to swallow.
just my $0.02.
D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Re: Cayman GT3/GT4 Testing Complete- Production???

I tried configuring as close as I could get in terms of an apples to apples comparison build on the GT4 configurator to my car and it's about a $10k MSRP difference, or a $14k pre-tax difference if you assume MSRP only on the GT4 and my paid price. What really kills the price spread is how much of the GTS Interior Package bits had to be a la carte optioned on the GT4.

Now, if I actually wanted to build the GT4 I ideally would like (http://www.porsche-code.com/PGYRB1V0), I've calculated a $23k price differential PLUS whatever depreciation I would probably need to eat on a GTS trade-in or resale. That would make it probably at least $30k I'd need to put up for the switch, which just doesn't seem like something I can swallow right now for whatever performance benefits you're getting on the GT4 over the GTS. Here's hoping for a GT4RS ;)

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My favorite GT4 config is (would have been) one with a PDK :(
Or better said, it would be the GTS + that nice fixed wing + that steering wheel assuming it allowed paddles along with controls like the 918 + extra performance goodies.

Not digging the side vent guard thingy, seems out of place. And never really liked the GT3 styled front looks with that gap in the hood.
I also wish they offer wheels in black color to contrast better with the yellow. I like minimal color differences.

Hmm, just noticed its missing a sound system upgrade too :( Would have been a deal breaker, I am anal about my speakers, I am one of those who uses STAX headphones at home.
Besides you need some music to dampen that engine noise that can get annoying after a while.

Considering the car is lowered 30mm, axle lift system would be nice for regular driving like the GT3 and 918.

Really liking that yellow color with yellow interior stitching. Wish they offered it for the GTS.

But otherwise if my main purpose was track only then something along the lines of
http://www.porsche-code.com/PG2TWDV0
I agree with the front axle lift. And the scoops are not as pretty as the non-GT version but they are probably adding more air ;)

Interesting that the configurator shows a $690 charge Bi-Xenon Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) and yet they appear to be included as std on the car: listed in the std equipment list as well as shown included on the "i" popup when selected.
I guess it is the extra cost for the "black" lock.

You truly surprised me!!! You are trading in your toy? And you turn to be this much hardcore nut about weight saving!

Interesting... I'm very happy for you buddy.

Who says I am selling the Boxster? ;) I still need a roofless car for roadtrips and commute to work. ;)

Went thru the configurator and spec'd it out, will speak with my salesperson today to see where I am on the list :)

Cayman GT4 $84,600

Manual Transmission $0
20" GT4 Wheels $0
Smoking Package $0
Full Bucket Seats $4,730

Destination charge $995
Total price $101,325
Nice build, that is the second color I would be interested in.

BTW I want the PCM for other things besides just Nav but I hear you, Porsche's nav systems have never been great...
According to the site and amdeutsch: yes. As to the Nav: it is not that bad. But a good cellphone app with downloadable maps (I use Nokia's Here) is often better.

And our builds could almost be siblings ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Just had a look on the UAE configurator: the GT4 does not show up, although you can now see it in the various Cayman models (although there is no priced mentioned).

I am surprised PDK is not available even as an option. Weird... Especially when you think that the 911 GT3 only comes with PDK...

·
Registered
100 Posts

Cayman GT4 $84,600

Manual Transmission $0
20" GT4 Wheels $0
Smoking Package $0
Full Bucket Seats $4,730

Destination charge $995
Total price $101,325
Just got a call back from my salesperson, I'm number 5. Big question now is, will they get 5 allocations.

·
Registered
141 Posts

Mine came to $91k. White, red stitching, standard seats, auto-dim mirrors, bi-xenon, belts in red, and CDR Plus. Interesting that the platinum stitching costs $1500 less. Hopefully the confusion on whether or not Xenon is standard will be cleared up as well. Torn between white w/ red stitching or sapphire blue with platinum.

Is CDR Plus worth it? I want to be able to play music off my iPhone. Not expecting miracle quality here, given the Sound Package Plus speakers and noisy environment.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts

Sapphire blue, std interior, full buckets, leather steering wheel/gear lever, red seat belts, black headlights, silver wheels, ext range tank, smokers pkg, 92k.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts