Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked with my local dealer about installing the aftermarket/OEM x73 kit on my car. Quote came in with parts/labor/tax at $3700ish.

Competitive? Great? Terrible?

Any thoughts and opinions would be welcomed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
310 Posts
thats about the same price of a billstein pss10's all around installed.. + or - a hundred.. Lemon
Okay, there you have it!
I was going to say it seemed high. I figured 2,300 in parts and 1,000 in labor, but if Lemon says you're good ... you're good.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Okay, there you have it!
I was going to say it seemed high. I figured 2,300 in parts and 1,000 in labor, but if Lemon says you're good ... you're good.
I could be wrong, but I think Lemon was saying he could get more for his money........

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats about the same price of a billstein pss10's all around installed.. + or - a hundred..

Lemon

Hummm. Interesting. Researching.......

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
You could probably get the install done for less from a non-dealership - but then again, you could have the old warranty concern...

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I talked with my local dealer about installing the aftermarket/OEM x73 kit on my car. Quote came in with parts/labor/tax at $3700ish.

Thanks.
Well, the suspension is $1,550, plus 8 hour of labor plus alignment. I am thinking $2,500 is ab out right. Call Cantrell please. (WA State?)

T

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the suspension is $1,550, plus 8 hour of labor plus alignment. I am thinking $2,500 is ab out right. Call Cantrell please. (WA State?)

T
Ahhh...yes. Just up the road from me. I am concerned about warranty....but I'll give them a ring to chat. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

Thanks.
3700 - 1550 = 2150 in labor seems to be outrageous to me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My dealer quoted $1600 for the labor. I had an independent shop do it for $750. Took them all day, so that was a bargain. Dealership did the alignment afterwards for $200.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My dealer quoted $1600 for the labor. I had an independent shop do it for $750. Took them all day, so that was a bargain. Dealership did the alignment afterwards for $200.
Parts + install + alignment was about $3,000 from a local reputable shop here in the San Francisco Bay Area, so $3,500 from a dealer sounds right.

The big issue with the install is that front Sway Bar. You need to drop the front subframe to fish it out. if you only do shocks and springs I am sure it would be a fair amount cheaper in labor, but I like the idea of installing the entire system as designed by Porsche.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Parts + install + alignment was about $3,000 from a local reputable shop here in the San Francisco Bay Area, so $3,500 from a dealer sounds right.

The big issue with the install is that front Sway Bar. You need to drop the front subframe to fish it out. if you only do shocks and springs I am sure it would be a fair amount cheaper in labor, but I like the idea of installing the entire system as designed by Porsche.
You also have to disconnect the rear axles at the transmission to allow for the rear suspension to drop enough to get the old shocks out and the new ones in. Requires 12 point Torx bit for this part.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Agree, and think you have a great looking Cayman S!!

Also, if you are dropping in a 3.8L at the same time, labor will be reduced, so that is something to think about. ..

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just got mine back from getting the X73 installed.
What a HUGE difference from the stock suspension. Taking it out to a car control clinic / autocross to put it through its paces and feel the real-world difference that I am paying for.

The (crazy long) commute this evening was really no less comfortable. It felt a little rougher, but still had a comfort to it... I've driven some cars with crazy stiff suspensions, and this is definitely not it.

Time will tell if this is how far I am willing to go, but, the lack of body roll now is kind of nuts. I feel like my body will be less fatigued "holding on" during autocross.

The reduction in wheel well gap is a nice bonus:

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
What a great color, and the X73. Where are the envious emojis?

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
if youre going X73, buy it from suncoast or sunset import then have it done somewhere else...prob save you around $1000..

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
if youre going X73, buy it from suncoast or sunset import then have it done somewhere else...prob save you around $1000..

Yeah....I noticed my Dealer quoted me full retail vs Suncoast is a solid $400 down from that.

Reactions: alex911s

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
Did you check if one or the other includes the sport tips? I seem to remember that some packages/dealer included them and others did not.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts