Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dropped off roll bar cover with two side flaps and ducktail spoiler to Porsche certified body shop to paint body color. All OEM porsche parts. Estimate is $800.
Anyone know if this sounds reasonable or too high or low?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dropped off roll bar cover with two side flaps and ducktail spoiler to Porsche certified body shop to paint body color. All OEM porsche parts. Estimate is $800.
Anyone know if this sounds reasonable or too high or low?
For simple painting of 4 small pieces that's stupidly high. You're paying for it being a "Porsche Certified Shop". It's just paint, find a local independent body shop that does decent work and has access to the correct paint. $300-400.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
$800 sounds reasonable to me. FWIW, I wouldn't buy a car that has had ANY paint or bodywork done anywhere but a Porsche Certified Collision Center. Yes, you can probably get it done cheaper elsewhere, but a high percentage of potential buyers come resale time will see that as a negative, in my view.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.