Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
where u wearing a helmet /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/drivingskid.gif??? God thats really fast, one of these days ill try it when there's no one around, be careful and have fun.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Sh*t happens too fast at that speed for me. I am looking forward to a run at a track where I can push it a little in a longer straight away. To me going fast is taking my favorite country roads at 60 - 70mph. Exiting turns with a little tail bump while mashing on it is how I get my jollies. Public highways in my neck of the woods have too much debris on them that would be disasterous (read: fatal) at over 130mph. Let's not even get into the legal can of worms that might get opened up....................all of that said, was it fun? /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/naughty.gif

·
2000th Member!
197 Posts
Come on guys we have Porsches..... I've top out 6th gear going slightly down hill @ 175 on the thruway at 4am. Not a single car on the road but me.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
<blockquote id="quote">quote:<hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" />
... ile start this bad boy off.... 154mph .. highway. <hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" />
110 mph Taconic State Pkwy - Sunday morn</blockquote>

Edited by - bobporsche on 08/15/2006 07:56:19 AM

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
uh oh....not another 170 thread.../fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/wink_smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,674 Posts
198 in a Ruf Turbo on the A/B.

161 in my Cayman in Chicago.

78 on my Vespa in Chicago. With the wind.

·
Registered
263 Posts
78 on my Vespa in Chicago. With the wind.

In that case, I was able to get the beach car (87 Suzuki Samurai) up to 53 mph going down hill with a hurricane behind it.

Base Cayman (on a test drive) 126 mph. I'll report back when I have my Cayman S.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I did 95 mph this morning on 90 going east into Chicago. Had to get to the Oasis to piss and buy smokes. My friend in his modified NSX and I think a Maserati cab were tailing me.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
<blockquote id="quote">quote:<hr noshade="" id="quote" height="1" />

France ....

/UserFiles/e(5).jpg
<hr noshade="" id="quote" height="1" />
</blockquote>

And you managed to take a picture of your speedo WHILE driving at 164mph? Holy cow, you've got cojones, son.

Edited by - Interpol on 08/15/2006 1:42:43 PM

·
Registered
319 Posts
<blockquote id="quote">quote:<hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" />
... ile start this bad boy off.... 154mph .. highway. <hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" />
110 mph Taconic State Pkwy - Sunday morn</blockquote>

Edited by - bobporsche on 08/15/2006 07:56:19 AM

Just wonder what section did you do your 110, I hope itwas not Route 6pass the Yorktown Height?

SO... what is the highest speed onSawmill River parkway betwwenArdsley to Mt Kisco? Try this on Sunday nite (real late) /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/beer2.gif

·
Registered
72 Posts
145mph... woulda kept it up but I started to catch up to another car, so had pull in the reigns. though the left lane was open, at that speed someone reaching for their phone andswerving would be rather bad.

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
You have to wonder inthe litigation happyUS if posting ever lasting comments like these will come back to bite you by being used by insurance companies oraccident litigation lawyers?

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
Indicated 165 (all Porsche electronic speedos indicate about 7% higher than actual speed) in the Cayman on California Hwy 58 in the Mojave desert between Mojave and Barstow - no one else in sight, trusty V1 on high alert.

Did indicated 188 last year in the 996 turbo out in the middle of nowhere Nevada on Hwy 50. Set the cruise control... yes, you can set the cruise control at 188...

brad

1 - 20 of 306 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.