Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read lots of stuff about Zaino here and decided to have a go. My order appeared by courier today so my new Cayman and I hit the driveway. Dawn,detail clay, and then another quick wash with regular car wash. After a thorough drying with my waffle towel we both headed inside the garage for our first try with Z-AIO. Seemed easy enough, so about an hour later I attacked the car with my blonde Zaino towel (not exactly my idea of a Friday blonde date but the best I could do).I was not overwhelmed by results at this point but the application process was a piece a cake. Took a break and eventually rubbed the car down with Z-6. After the Z-6 I was impressed and now can't wait to see what the CS does tomorrow. If it looks photo-worthy I'll post a pic.:) Thanks to all who posted info about Zaino products.:thanks:

·
Registered
444 Posts
I recently Zaino'd mine- Claybar, ZAIO, Z6, Clear Seal & then topped it off with Z8. I also have a Meteor Gray and it turned out amazing!

Word of caution if you want to prevent swirl marks- the pad that came with my Zaino order can damage your clear coat. Before using it and after washing it, I tried the CD test with it and was surprised at how badly it scratched the CD so I threw it away and used my own cotton towel applicators!

IAbout 2 months later, I applied clear seal (not that it needed it and wasn't shiny). The clear seal is amazing and takes only minutes to apply!

Now after washing it, I will sometimes add Z6 or Z8 to give it that showroom shine!

Pics?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I followed what you did to the T. My CS was a bit streaky but after the Z8 I thought everything was pretty nice. Here's a few photos taken shortly thereafter a few miles from my house. BTW first car I ever fully detailed in my life.:)

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
I'll be doing my croc this weekend since it looks like it's going to be a great day....start off with a good hand wash, then clay, then wash again. I use Z-2 with ZFX and get great results, followed by one or two coats of Z-6.

I'm also going to pull the wheels, clean the rims, rotors, and wheel wells. Then the interior will use the zaino leather cleaner.

By no means is my croc a garage queen but when I'm done it sure looks that way.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is amazing what quality products, time and a little elbow grease can do. I'm pulling my wheels this weekend and applying wheelwax as per Ken's article. My alignment bolts just arrived by post.:cheers:

:crazy:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Word of caution if you want to prevent swirl marks- the pad that came with my Zaino order can damage your clear coat. Before using it and after washing it, I tried the CD test with it and was surprised at how badly it scratched the CD so I threw it away and used my own cotton towel applicators!
Good tip, I didn't like the pad either.:thanks:

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
So I take it you can apply Z-CS OVER Z-6? is this recommended? Will this seal the Z-6 shine?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I take it you can apply Z-CS OVER Z-6? is this recommended? Will this seal the Z-6 shine?
Z6 is actually a detailing spray. Zaino suggests using one of the polishes (Z2,Z5 or Z-AIO) followed by Z6 and then application of the Z-CS. The Zaino web site can give you much more detail. Good luck! I like the way it looks but I'm far from an expert.:cheers:

·
Registered
444 Posts
I believe that you can. I have always used Z-6 in between coats of Z-2, Z-6 or Z-AIO. I think I read on their web site or a forum where this question was answered.....the answer was that all Zaino products are compatible and can be used together and applied on top of each other.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Great & thanks, I just want to capture that Z-6 shine too make it last longer.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Once you apply the CS then the next washes you can use Z6 or Z8 to really maintain the showroom shine. Since CS is so easy to apply I reapplied it 2 months later and will apply it every few months. Zaino said you can layer it and apply it at will. Although it is said to last up to 9 months, I like to keep it well protected and really shiny!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have limited experience but was most impressed with the Z8 layered over the Z-CS. Seemed to add some extra pop IMHO.:cheers:

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
just a quick look at this thread it seems most zaino fans are fans of grey or silver....as it should be. I tell you when I'm done my ride looks like liquid metal or the T-1000 from Terminator 2.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It works great on red as well, highly recommend it if you don't wash your car every week. Takes about 20 minutes to spray the car!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I washed car again over the weekend and followed with Z6, Z-CS and Z8. I allowed 24 hrs between the last two applications. My car is MGM and I personally have never seen such a shine in my life.;) I think I'm developing an addiction.:crazy: I was so stoked I removed, cleaned and applied Wheel Wax to all the wheels.:crazy::crazy:

Should be relatively easy now to maintain the painted surfaces with periodic wash and the Z6 and the Z8.( At least that's the plan)

Thanks to all who got me on to this,the car looks absolutely beautiful.:thanks:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts