Washed with Dawn
Claybar
Washed again
Dried it
Zaino All-In-One
Zaino Z6
Zaino Clear Seal
Zaino Z8

Results- pictures are worth a thousand words but in this case it looks a lot better in person! I have been using Zaino for years and used Z2 instead of the All-In-One and have never used the Clear Seal. I am once again very satisfied with the Zaino products, including their new All-In-One and the Clear Seal. Now it will be easy to maintain it after a wash- Z6 or Z8 and once in a while Clear Seal. The Clear Seal is amazing and it takes only about 5 minutes to apply and gives it a liquid gloss.

I also used my new Auto Geeks foam gun (garden hose version) and loved it....it made a lot of suds and made washing it a breeze. Also used the water softner filter that I ordered there as well and although I hand dried the car I did not see water spots on the windows which were not fully dried off.

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Man that's a lot of steps.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it was but the Z6, Z8 & clear seal only that about 5 minutes. They are liquids that are quickly applied and don't require to be buffed off.

It took me a total of about 4 hours (I was in no hurry & took my time) to get to the Clear Seal step and then I waited a few hours for the Clear Seal to Cure before putting the Z8.

Its long for the 1st time and then its just wash and wipe on Z8 or Z6 and once every few months its Clear Seal which all only take about 5 minutes to keep up the shine.

Every time I look at it I find it was time well spent......

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
You normally don't have to do all the steps. The first two are usually only done the first time you apply Zaino, and then only every 6-12 months thereafter. If the car's finish is in decent shape after a wash, all you need to apply is a Z-6 spritz, Z-CS, and then a layer of Z-8.

wabbit636, I edited your post above so your photos would display in the thread (makes things easier for our members to see). If you'd like to know how to do this just let me know. Nice Zaino job.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You normally don't have to do all the steps. The first two are usually only done the first time you apply Zaino, and then only every 6-12 months thereafter. If the car's finish is in decent shape after a wash, all you need to apply is a Z-6 spritz, Z-CS, and then a layer of Z-8.

wabbit636, I edited your post above so your photos would display in the thread (makes things easier for our members to see). If you'd like to know how to do this just let me know. Nice Zaino job.

Thanks for editing my pics. Please let me know how to do this so that it can be done properly in the future.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
IMO, using any of that stuff after AIO is a waste of time, because AIO includes the Zaino sealant. And you only need AIO when you want to polish the paint, as in remove swirl marks or scratches. My normal pattern is wash and then Clear Seal, and I'm done.

I think Clear Seal is the best product of its kind, but Zaino marketing has so much BS in it.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
This weekend I Zaino'ed my new CS.

Steps:
Washed with Dawn
Claybar
Washed again
Dried it
Zaino All-In-One
Zaino Z6
Zaino Clear Seal
Zaino Z8
Why did you wash it again after using clay? I've never done that, and I can't see what value it would add, especially if you're using AIO, which is a polish with abrasives in it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IMO, using any of that stuff after AIO is a waste of time, because AIO includes the Zaino sealant. And you only need AIO when you want to polish the paint, as in remove swirl marks or scratches. My normal pattern is wash and then Clear Seal, and I'm done.

I think Clear Seal is the best product of its kind, but Zaino marketing has so much BS in it.

After doing a lot of research and seeing that AIO could be used prior to CS, I went ahead and did it. Since the car was new, I knew it wasn't really required but had the time on my hands to do it anyways.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why did you wash it again after using clay? I've never done that, and I can't see what value it would add, especially if you're using AIO, which is a polish with abrasives in it.

I washed it again mainly to get rid of the watery soap spray I used to lub the section I was claybaring. I could have rinsed it but seeing that the soap spray was somewhat thick & soapy I felt that it would be easier to get it off by washing it with a mitt then rinsing instead of trying to rinse it with water with no mitt.

I had time on my hands & was in no hurry.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts