Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Took my car to Autobahn in Fort Worth just up the road a bit, they did my state inspection $39 and turned off the light for $0. They have also provided free cold drinks and pizza for a couple trackday events..:)

Zims are old 911 junkies, your car may be the 1st Cayman they have seen, they prolly just didn't know how to do it quickly enough for any less than $100..

·
Registered
373 Posts
Depends on the mood of the owner.......If he is in a good mood the guys are in a good mood, but if he is sour the rest of them will be as well. The service manager is not my cup of tea but the parts manager Kirk is a great guy. I have had my oil done there as well as a brake flush. Oil change is about 130 brake flush was just a tad over 100. I like the Autobahn guys too, Jeff is a great mechanic but took it there for an oil change because Zimms turned me away, but Autobahn cost me 200 bucks......not happy about that but they are very comfortable and accommodating.

I went by Zims in Euless Texas this morning to have my 'service now' light
extinguished. $100 to do it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I understand that something like turning the light off should be pretty simple but keep in mind that these guys at Zimms only get paid for the work that they do. I know that it is a simple task but their business is hurting right now and Al has to be able to keep the doors open and his guys paid. Some of these guys have been with him for nearly 20 years. I know that it does not seem like good customer service but that is the beauty of the free market you get to take your business to whomever you choose. That is why when the service manager turned me away for an impromtu oil change I took my business to Autobahn. Will I go back to Zimms? More than likely if I make sure that they can squeeze me in and I plan a little better. You can't beat a brake flush for just over a hundred bucks and an oil change for 130....unless you do it yourself.

Zims are old 911 junkies, your car may be the 1st Cayman they have seen, they prolly just didn't know how to do it quickly enough for any less than $100..[/QUOTE]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.