Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
March 12-14; registration list shows 14 Caymans; any from this board?

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I am in!

Bringing the '09 white Cayman S. It was fun to run the car stock last week and was surprised how well it stacked up against the many race prep'd cars in HPDE3 and TT practice cars.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent. Brian and I may be caravaning down from metro DC, if anyone would like to join us, we'll probably be leaving on Thursday around noon-1 pm time frame from Bethesda, MD area.

Have been crossing fingers for good weather, we'll see...

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'll be there. Hopefuly the weather is better than last year. At least I'm trailering this year.

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
929 Posts
March 12-14; registration list shows 14 Caymans; any from this board?
Alas, I won't be there this time, but I know you'll have fun!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be there. Hopefuly the weather is better than last year. At least I'm trailering this year.
You want to meet us on your way down in MD?

Alas, I won't be there this time, but I know you'll have fun!

Enjoy!
I am sorry we're not going to see you there, any thoughts on the May event with the First Settlers?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am going down 81 taking it easy. Fisrt time using my trailer and don't want to deal with DC area.
I'm back for First Settlers if I finally get promoted this trip (all last seaon in Blue,17 track days), if not Shattenbaum @ Summit in May.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
if I finally get promoted this trip (all last seaon in Blue,17 track days), if not Shattenbaum @ Summit in May.
I am with you in blue. Missed my chance to get promoted last fall.

I wonder if they promote at "zone" events? FT do you know?

Good news is that blue has fewer drivers signed up compared to white, at the moment. :taunt:

Last weekend with NASA we had a fast run group. Here's a video shot by a Mustang following me in the white Cayman S. It takes a few laps to get a point by from the C4S but open track after that. Yes!! I slow climbing the esses because the car was stock and I just bought it 30hrs prior to running at VIR.:eek:
YouTube - 02-20-10 VIR FULL - Chasing a Porsche Cayman.MPG

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wonder if they promote at "zone" events? FT do you know?
I do not know, I would imagine they do, but if that translates to individual's respective chapter, such as Potomac, I am not sure.

I think there will be 4-5 CS in the white group and as much in Blue. If weather holds well, then we should have great fun regardless.

Hopefully we'll also make time for dinner and exchange cool stories :D

Btw, I am staying at SleepInn, anyone else?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Zone 2 is the umbrella for most of the mid-atlantic regions and the Zone 2 head instructor is present so I assume we can be promoted. I too missed out as it was the last event of the season and they don't promote although I did get a recommendation in my log book.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I signed up for this as well for Friday night (data analysis):
FT, with your data experience I thought you'd be teaching this class.:) I see they're renting Traqmate over the weekend. I might have to give it a try.

Staying on property. I had a reservation at Sleep Inn but some rooms opened up at VIR so I grabbed one.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually, I want to teach it during our Potomac events, but I thought I should figure out what I may not know. If what I think I know is not that different than the content from professionals, then I'll make a suggestion to Dirk for it.

I think it is a good idea to rent Traqmate and see if you can extract the data that will be useful to you before you pay $1K for it :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
What's this about being able to rent a trackmate?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Excellent. Brian and I may be caravaning down from metro DC, if anyone would like to join us, we'll probably be leaving on Thursday around noon-1 pm time frame from Bethesda, MD area.

Have been crossing fingers for good weather, we'll see...
I'm in for the caravan if it happens.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will post the caravan schedule and route (generally I prefer US360, fewer cops) here on Wednesday. One or more cars... we are all going south so, we can drive together either way :D

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
US360, fewer cops

I came home to Richmond from VIR Sunday night (2/28) and ran into four
(4) radar traps. One was rolling sheriff somewhere between Amelia and Halifax counties. He may have been the same one who pulled someone who passed me going to VIR Friday afternoon. The fellow he pulled had eased by be and was not going that fast. Sheriff passed me lights blazing at 90+ with lot of drama to "get" this guy. I often have lead foot, but this is cruise control country, IMO.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You mean you ran into these traps on 360? If the case, amazing. I generally don't cruise that fast, just maintain ~15 mph over speed limit. Most sections on 360 the limit is 60 mph and few of them are 65. I do a short stop after passing Richmond, right at middle point, have a coffee, then in 4.5 hrs I am at the hotel. Pleasant drive :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts