Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my grill mesh from zunsport came in today . I followed the directions used the template to measure 3.5 mm for the drill holes everything was measured and re measured 3.5 mm exactly. So I drill the 2 holes and Pop the LH side in then bend the mesh to get the RH side I'm done. But now the center is bowed and no room at the bottum to push it in. I'm literally almost breaking my bumper trying to push it in. Wtf am I doing wrong????? I'm beyond pissed right now.

image.jpg

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
YSSo looking on zunsports website again I noticed there is two different products for 987.1 front grill. One says center grill the other says front grill. One being more expensive then the other but look identical and both for cayman manual and tiptronic. But no dicription whatsoever explain the difference.

I sent them an email I'm hoping A. They either send me the correct grill or refund my $230.

Now that I've spent 2 hours dicking with this thing and drilling holes inside my bumper.

Least to say I'm not very happy right now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am having the exact same issue. Zunsport ended up sending me a new center grille and it had the same fitment issues. I am out of ideas. Did you ever resolve this?

·
Registered
147 Posts
YSSo looking on zunsports website again I noticed there is two different products for 987.1 front grill. One says center grill the other says front grill. One being more expensive then the other but look identical and both for cayman manual and tiptronic. But no dicription whatsoever explain the difference.

I sent them an email I'm hoping A. They either send me the correct grill or refund my $230.

Now that I've spent 2 hours dicking with this thing and drilling holes inside my bumper.

Least to say I'm not very happy right now.
My receipt from Zunsport says the part number for my "Manual Centre Stainless Steel Sports Grille Kit" is ZPR 20505. I'm not 100% satisfied with the way it fits, but I'm o.k. with it, partly because my front license plate hides the top center where fitment is less than perfect. Before I drilled the two required holes in my bumper at the Zunsport specified locations, I did my best to test fit the grill, and I'm pretty sure I drilled at locations that weren't exactly where they said they should be. I think part of the problem was that the templates they included were paper instead of a stiffer material such as cardboard.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you can't get the commercial product to fit, consider making a set yourself.
Except that the center opening is just that. A large hole with nothing to which wire mesh can be attached.

I wanted to use the kind of mesh I installed on my Aprilia (with zip-ties), but even though it's pretty stiff, I could not figure out a way to attach it to my bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Except that the center opening is just that. A large hole with nothing to which wire mesh can be attached.

I wanted to use the kind of mesh I installed on my Aprilia (with zip-ties), but even though it's pretty stiff, I could not figure out a way to attach it to my bumper.
True...the center section on my 911 (similar on a Cayman) would be tough. Not impossible on the 911 though as there are two vertical spars, and I could drill a few holes at select locations around the outer frame to attach zip ties. On the 911, I decided that meshing the side intakes where the radiators were 100% exposed was the critical task...anything hitting the centre section wouldn't have a direct path to the radiators where it could do any damage.

Anyway...next up is our 987.2 Cayman. If I figure out a centre section solution I'll post pictures.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks all. Was hoping someone had successfully installed the Zunsport center grille. It does seem strange that myself and PorscheInNOLA couldn't get it to fit when Zunsports claims it's worked on hundreds of cars.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

I got mine from PorscheMesh and the center is the mesh with a rubber like strip going around the entire outer edge of the mesh. This is then secured to the empty black center section of th bumper with a few small spots of glue. Holding up so far after several years.

·
West Coast Group & PCA Member
269 Posts
I received by Zunsport grills this morning for my CGTS. I had previously watched Zunsport's videos on how to install them. Took me from start to finish no more than 30 minutes. I am very happy with the end product. I'm sorry to hear that you had so much trouble.

Here are a few pictures of the finished product:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts