Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received and installed the Zunsport front and rear grills today in around 30 minutes and that was just piddling around. This is really an easy install guys and I don;t understand why anyone would have an issue with it. It's really that easy.

Anyway, gloss black and here's a couple pics. If anyone is on the fence about it, don't be as it's worth every penny!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I understand that most people - like myself - have a problem with the GTS grills, in particular the side parts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very nice, indeed! It will be the first thing I'll add to my '15 Cayman when I get one in the Spring. I was on the fence about not getting the center grille. After seeing your photos, it's necessary, in my mind, to finish off a top notch look. Well done!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thank you sir, we have been very happy with the results as well. I know that once we show our porsche customers they will be placing orders left and right.
Zunsport offers nothing short of an A+ product. We have side vent grills but waiting on the Carbon fiber parts to come in then install them. Once we do I'll Defintiely post photos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Cayman GTS and just got the Zunsport grills today and they don't fit and I thought the instruction was not all that clear. Maybe it is me but I couldn't tell how the clip was installed and then when I tried to line the grill up the shape was different. My intake "fins" are painted with a high gloss black finish and I have parking sensors. I know my clear bra installer commented that the intake fins was different from other Cayman GTS that he has worked on and asked was this a special option. I emailed Zunsport today and waiting for a replay. This installation is making me nervous because it does not appear to be an exact fix and I have no reference ie video instructions to study or compare.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I have a Cayman GTS and just got the Zunsport grills today and they don't fit and I thought the instruction was not all that clear. Maybe it is me but I couldn't tell how the clip was installed and then when I tried to line the grill up the shape was different. My intake "fins" are painted with a high gloss black finish and I have parking sensors. I know my clear bra installer commented that the intake fins was different from other Cayman GTS that he has worked on and asked was this a special option. I emailed Zunsport today and waiting for a replay. This installation is making me nervous because it does not appear to be an exact fix and I have no reference ie video instructions to study or compare.
Post a picture?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I put mine on today (CS). Agree the instructions are not great. The photos with them are not great either. I'm pretty sure I did not do it like they intended, but I think it ended up OK.

·
Registered
728 Posts
During the 5 months I've had them, my Zunsport grilles have fallen off twice(bottom right side and bottom left side). Fortunately, they've fallen "in" so I was able retrieve and re-install them.

I use a little trick to help with the install. Tie a little string or zip tie to the grille. That way you have something to grab and pull back onto the fins.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I lost a new one once and they replaced it free! Great customer service!! The photos and instructions could be better. Overall, I'm very happy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I assume it depends on the car. I ordered a full set (bar front center) for base Cayman with PDK and parking sensors front and rear and some small front pieces requires drilling in my case (not done yet as grills came much quicker than the car). Side for air intake and rear grills don't require drilling though.

And from what I saw here GTS not requires drilling as well.

Screws are in the set and they are of black colour, so not going to be an issue anyway.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I had the exact same problem last fall on my '15 BS with sensors. Reading the posts here, I just couldn't figure out why mine didn't work because it is supposed to be so easy. I emailed Zunsport and they said they had some other 2015 owners with issues but they hadn't had a 2015 in the shop to see what the difference was at that time. They issued me a full refund and return postage label and promised to tell me when they figured out the problem, demonstrating outstanding customer service. I've ended up doing the gutter guard approach, which was actually pretty easy, for like $4. The quality of Zunsport is much better of course, but you wouldn't know it unless you got on the ground and inspected them closely side by side.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Searched through a bunch of threads already. I have a base Cayman and was wondering about the front center grille as well. Where exactly are you guys drilling it in? Corners? Top/bottom?

And the side ones and rear ones are really just plug and snap? Would love to see pics of everyone's setup.

thanks!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Fentanyl, on 981CS front, side grills there are 3 pieces per side. Bottom piece uses a clip on one side. Clip seems to be essentially welded on after installation (has barbs to make it nearly impossible to pull off). Get it in the right place the first time! The middle piece only uses passive brackets that you can bend to fit. The top very small piece uses two small screws. I pre drilled tiny holes to guide the screws. This top part is optional but looks better on IMO. I have a closeup image in my gallery.

·
Registered
474 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts