Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to install GT4 scoops (with their specific black plastic grills) on my 981 CS. I also want to install a set of Zunsport side vent grills but Zunsport does not list those for GT4. The black plastic grill that comes with the scoops is pretty much identical to the stock one on the Cayman S with exception to 3 screw holes for attaching the edge of the scoop but the overall shape is exactly the same since it will fit the same side vent opening.
I've searched the forum but can't find the specific answer to the question: Will the Zunsport side vent grills for the 981 Cayman fit the GT4 scoops with their corresponding grill?
I appreciate the help.
Dave

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I bet they will, but I can't say for sure. I just installed them in my CGTS, and I did it the easy way, popped out the black scoop frame, installed the grills, reinstalled the frames with the grills attached, the only tools I used were my fingers. Hopefully someone will comment on your question definitively soon.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
The grills fit and are on my CS with the GT4 scoops added. I had purchased them long before I added the scoops.

See my article on this site. It is easiest to put them on while the rocker panel is off, after the scoops are installed to the rocker panel. You can bend the grill locking tabs inwards and then feed the grill into the hole from the outside. Then the locking tabs can be spread on the back side, making sure of a good strong fit. If the scoops are already on, then you risk scratching the bezel or paint as you cannot get the grill into the hole without the locking tabs rubbing the bezel (This is somewhat true even without the scoops). If you bend the locking tabs and try with the rocker panel mounted, you may get lucky or the grill will not fit tightly and rattle or move around.

V6

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.