Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the ZPR 35912 product code. But Peter has mentioned I needed the ZPR36112. He hasn't answered my email since I've told him my different product code so I thought to come here to get some help.

I have a 2013 boxster base pdk 981 with parking sensors.

The upper grill has a clip in the middle that doesn't clip to anything as it faces upwards lying right on the strake. (included in the picture)

The middle grill fits just fine.

The bottom grill's outer clip, clips onto nothing secure as it comes right back out.

IMG_5586.JPG

Update:
Got them all done with some bending and snapping.
Key for the middle and lower grill guard is to set it in on the outside parts and push the inner side in until it snaps.

Upper grill's center clip usage is still a mystery

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
i dont see any replies here but i really like the look and i am considering the same package but waiting to see a dark blue with the silver before deciding.

yours looks great. congrats!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

The silver should definitely have it. I feel the darker colors would make much difference since it's hard to tell. But up close you still can, and you yourself knows its not black. Some of us cant get over ourselves which is why I ordered the rear grille as well. No one really notices it, but I know it.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have a set of the side grills if anyone wants cheap. I bought them from another member here, but didn't like how they look or install. For Boxster s or base. Probably would look better on s since the fins are black.

Edit: Not sure why OP has base Boxster and fins aren't body color like they should be.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Got the left and right grills done fairly easy, the center grill on left and right the middle clip is welded on upside down so it will not clip in. The main center grill was a PAIN in the A**! It is about 1/8,3,8 to big. Got my hand stuck trying to push it back out from the inside. Still not 100% happy with the center but I am not touching it anymore. Not the best pics, but here you go.

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
What are the cons to installing these, aside from fitment?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Cons:

Fitment isn't perfect (doesn't align with fins as you would expect).

Hard to clean the radiators (would require removing).

Grill edges rub paint.

You might scratch paint during install.

They might pop in or out when driving or on minor impact.

Aftermarket look.

Pros:

Differentiating the look of your car.

Protect radiators from dents.

Keep critters out (seems like they find that spot cozy).

·
Registered
418 Posts
^^^ - agreed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts