Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
As long as you don't buy the $300 Ebay exhaust, you'll probably be happy with your purchase.
I bought from Top Gear in the UK.
My suggestion is to get a valved version. Quite when you're cruising around, aggressive when you feel like putting your foot down.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
I can't speak personally about the Flat6 exhaust system, but if it's anything like their other products then I'm sure it's great. I have a few of their parts on my Macan and they are top notch. Jon (owner) replies to all messages.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There might be a wrong block of info - I just went to the Top Speed site - the SS is 799, the Titanium is 1999......So I doubt seriously if you get Titanium for 720 bucks... that said, I really like both!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I went from a valved Fabspeed to a valved Soul exhaust in my 981CS. Just as ICNU mentioned, the Fabspeed was more on the V8 side of things, especially with the valves open. The main reason for the switch was the drone on the Fabspeed (although I believe Fabspeed came out with a newer exhaust to in an attempt to address it). If i were to say that Fabspeed was a 10 on drone then the Soul would be about a 2 on that scale. Both are well manufactured. Maybe a slight nod to Fabspeed because it's so shiny, but who is going to be laying on the ground looking at the exhaust. If you're in socal, specifically Ventura County area I wouldn't mind meeting up so that you can hear it live.
gelo, I would love to hear your exhaust in person some day. Youtube videos don't show enough about the sound levels and small details. I'm in Camarillo. Perhaps once our local PCA starts having breakfast meets again, we can meet up? I've been leaning towards Borla because they're local. PSE would be my top choice but that much $$$ for an exhaust is hard to accept.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There might be a wrong block of info - I just went to the Top Speed site - the SS is 799, the Titanium is 1999......So I doubt seriously if you get Titanium for 720 bucks... that said, I really like both!
Correct , the SS is $1000 cheaper than the titanium version.

It's also better to go through my guys at flat6 Motorsports... better price and free shipping and NO tax!!! Super fast delivery also.

I got the the less expensive SS version from them and couldn't be happier.... sounds great and is like 1/4 of the weight on the OEM boat anchor

·
Registered
27 Posts
I found this set of headers on ebay. Made in Europe 304 stainless 14-16 gauge and there is a version with CATS as well. VERY reasonable price compared to the others which I believe come with the Por$che premium price tag. I'm not going to assume that because these are less they are inferior. I'm wondering if anyone out there has a set and we can get some feedback. TIA dlb

21 - 26 of 26 Posts