Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

How much will you spend modifying your 911 in the next 12-18 months?

• $20,001 +

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • $10,000-$20,000

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • $5,000-$9,999

Votes: 28 19.2%
  • $3,000-$4,999

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • $1000-$2,999

Votes: 34 23.3%
  • $500-$999

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • $1-$499

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • $0

Votes: 25 17.1%

• Total voters
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have a lot to learn about the car before any performance mods will make a difference. I will spend money on a custom install radar detector/laser system.

·
Banned
560 Posts
As most of you know Fabspeed Motorsport offers quality exhausts and performance upgrades for almost every Porsche model that wont get you killed by a pack of angry Porsche purists if you chose to modify it!

However, what you might not know is that Fabspeed also does all kinds of other upgrades including suspension, brakes, harness bars, wheels and tires you name it Fabspeed can do it for the track or the road. I encourage anyone to utilize the expertise and years of experience of Fabspeed when considering upgrades for your cars. I will be happy to provide exclusive member pricing for products that Fabspeed offers to anyone interested.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Some of the modified cars look great. However, for me I have no interest in modifying my cars. They are close to perfect as they are. Besides being over 50, at some point I will sell them. While mods are personally satisfying, they may affect the resale value of a car - unless you find just the right buyer. In the end, it is a personal choice. That said, the photo posted by 997fan is damned nice!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
It doesn't take much to get to get to five digits in modifications. A good set of forged wheels will set you back at least $3,000 + $1,000 for tires. Lowering springs will cost you several hundred, add alignment, and installation, is easily over $1,000. You want a nice sounding exhaust will set you back several thousand. Not happy with your interior, want to add carbon fiber, a steering wheel and a shift knob will cost you a couple of thousands already. When I modded my Mercedes, I thought it was expensive. Porsche is a lot more and I heard Ferrari is even more ridiculous.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I find my 991S, I'll only be making one change: stuffing the sound symposer with some foam that I already have...so I won't need to spend anything extra.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pretty much done everything you can do to a n/a carerra, probably should have bought a gt3 to begin with ,but this has been fun! my bespoke version of a street?track use 911,oh and well north of 20k!! ,ill never get it back,but then again i will probably never sell it...lol...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,775 Posts
1) In the first 24 hours she'll be wrapped with 3M and ClearPlex inshallah, although this would mean surrendering her for a day to be pampered but it's a must to protect the body, windshield and glass roof.

2) Anytime Porsche releases CarPlay integrated PCM, I'll do the swap.

3) I may opt for light velvet blue colored side intakes inserts. But so far TechArt produce them only in CF which are of no interest to me.

4) I plan not to tune the car at least during the 2 years warranty period. But whether through or after I am tempted to overpower and outrun the stock 991 turbo S. Then I'll go with the tuning company of best power, acceleration and durability shuttering the 3 seconds barrier.

·
Registered
504 Posts
My car is on the "Chesapeake Highway" and scheduled for delivery around 30 Jan. Here's what I'm doing within the first 90 days after arrival, in order of completion

Misc from Suncoast (sunshade, painted key covers, etc) $500
Clear bra full front end, rockers, mirrors, A pillars, rear tire splash areas, leading edge of roof $2,750
ClearPlex install $400
GIAC Stage II $3,500 plus labor
Europipe Turbo back exhaust $4,900
FVD headers $1,850
Champion Motorsports race diverters $350
Refinish center lock wheels in gloss black powdercoat $1,500
Leather bits from exclusive options $1,900-ish
Custom flat bottom carbon fiber steering wheel, spokes and shift-paddles from Nexon Motors $2,900
Maybe DB Carbon sport seat backs $2,500
Maybe switch to ceramic brake pads to reduce dusting $350

Not to mention the necessary support equipment for the center lock wheels
Precision Instruments PREC4D600F torque wrench $350
MATCO DR40T collapsible breaker bar $180
Castrol Aluminum grease $50
Stop and Go tire plug kit $35

That's not even getting into the days and $$ it will take me to fully polish, detail and coat with CQuartz or 22PLE. All in all, I'm in for a minimum of $21,165 not including my own labor and shop materials. Yes, I'm a bit crazy...

- Patrick

·
Super Moderator
6,775 Posts
My car is on the "Chesapeake Highway" and scheduled for delivery around 30 Jan. Here's what I'm doing within the first 90 days after arrival, in order of completion

Misc from Suncoast (sunshade, painted key covers, etc) $500
Clear bra full front end, rockers, mirrors, A pillars, rear tire splash areas, leading edge of roof $2,750
ClearPlex install $400
GIAC Stage II $3,500 plus labor
Europipe Turbo back exhaust $4,900
FVD headers $1,850
Champion Motorsports race diverters $350
Refinish center lock wheels in gloss black powdercoat $1,500
Leather bits from exclusive options $1,900-ish
Custom flat bottom carbon fiber steering wheel, spokes and shift-paddles from Nexon Motors $2,900
Maybe DB Carbon sport seat backs $2,500
Maybe switch to ceramic brake pads to reduce dusting $350

Not to mention the necessary support equipment for the center lock wheels
Precision Instruments PREC4D600F torque wrench $350
MATCO DR40T collapsible breaker bar $180
Castrol Aluminum grease $50
Stop and Go tire plug kit $35

That's not even getting into the days and $$ it will take me to fully polish, detail and coat with CQuartz or 22PLE. All in all, I'm in for a minimum of $21,165 not including my own labor and shop materials. Yes, I'm a bit crazy...

- Patrick
That's it... I'm quitting P9 for good.

Seriously when I modified my 987 it went across the globe and came back with 620HP and a 3.7L engine. And I was the craziest here. Nowadays everybody is fighting for my title. ;)

Are you throwing the warranty out of the window? When do you plan to go for the exhaust and software tune? Oh, and how will you switch to PCCB for only $350?!!

And for the diverters, I started a thread but nobody gave me an answer... Can you kindly address it there?

Where's Tom? He's my 987 turbo partner... and we took a vow not to mess with our 991 turbos. :(

·
Registered
504 Posts
That's it... I'm quitting P9 for good.

Seriously when I modified my 987 it went across the globe and came back with 620HP and a 3.7L engine. And I was the craziest here. Nowadays everybody is fighting for my title. ;)

Are you throwing the warranty out of the window? When do you plan to go for the exhaust and software tune? Oh, and how will you switch to PCCB for only $350?!!

And for the diverters, I started a thread but nobody gave me an answer... Can you kindly address it there?

Where's Tom? He's my 987 turbo partner... and we took a vow not to mess with our 991 turbos. :(
Briefly, so as not to derail the thread too much:

I'm not switching to PCCB, just changing from semi-metallic brake pads to steel rotor compatible ceramic brake pads. PCCB uses ceramic brake rotors and special ceramic composite pads that are made specifically to work with ceramic rotors. You can not use PCCB ceramic pads with steel rotors.

The dealership I'm using is part of the "Champion Motorsports" dealership group. If they do the GIAC install and exhaust, they will honor the factory warranty at any Champion group dealership. If I run into any serious warranty trouble I'll have the car shipped and still save a ton of money.

The diverters are the factory equivalent of the BOV in your turbo Cayman. The stock ones are not meant for the uprated boost of tuned cars and can fail quickly. Changing them is only advised if you are tuned. They are not a power adder, just good insurance.

- Patrick

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Yes Hassaan we have a pact to not weaken and do any engine mods. Let Patrick take your title....for now. I am tempted with new headers though.

I’ve done the typical full front, mirrors, headlights, pillars and roof edge wrap. Got a carbon shift knob and might get the carbon inner door sills like I did on the Cayman but the crinkled plastic is holding up ok. I was thinking about carbon side intakes until I read they were being stolen since they just snap out and I didn’t want to glue them on. My Valentine radar is enough for my locale but might get a dashcam because of potential driver scams. I have the ceramic pads on the Cayman and they do less brake dust but they caused grooves in the rotors and pedal feel and stopping distances were lessened. Even though the 20 spoke Turbo wheel is a pain to clean I wouldn’t do the pads again. I gave up on the HRE P101s when I found out that a change to the factory finish was going to be over $1500 pushing the cost over $11K for a set.

·
Registered
504 Posts
...I have the ceramic pads on the Cayman and they do less brake dust but they caused grooves in the rotors and pedal feel and stopping distances were lessened. ...I wouldn’t do the pads again.
Good to know!

- Patrick

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
My loaded '15 C2S with 3100 miles is a CPO for 5 more years so I'm not inclined to do anything to affect the warranty. It already has the Expel Ultimate film since new so I don't have to do that. It has everything I wanted including the Nav and Bose options, but no Satellite radio. I'm not happy about that, but not aware of any good options at a reasonable price to add that.
My known planned mods at this time are:
1. Red/Black check Cocomats already ordered
2. Clear LED front side markers
3. Spectra Photosync window tint, but fairly light on door windows and windshield, and darker on the back and rear windows.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Its time to revise my earlier response. Going on 8 weeks since purchasing my brand new 2017 Carrera S Endurance Racing Edition, and I'm closing in on $9999.
So far:
Clear sidemarkers
AWE window spoilers
All windows tinted with 70% ceramic nano-coated 2 ply film
Full frontal Suntek PPF, plus other vulnerable areas
Red/Black Checkers Cocomats
X51 Power Kit for 450 Hp, 406 ft-lbs Torque with full 4 year factory warranty

If i get into exhaust mods, I'm probably going to do headers and free-flow cats. That would probably put me over $15k ��. Never would have predicted this, but a great sale price from Porsche on X51 Power Kits to dealers, and competing dealers who were eager, convinced me!

Attachments

21 - 35 of 35 Posts