Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Just did this service, drain and fill only, (twice to get more new fluid to old fluid ratio) and it seems i get about 2.5L to drain (plus I am guessing another .1L or .2L that drips outside the bucket or collects in cross member brace) out each time but for the fill it was closer to 3L that I pumped in the first time and about 2.9 was pumped in the second time. When I pulled the fill plug before the first change, nothing dribbled out. With 6 years and 38K miles on the factory fill is it common to be 1 liter low like this (assuming that is why I got more in that drained out). The only other thing I can think of is that the car is not perfectly level (using Quick Jack lift in my garage). Thanks

Jeff

· Registered
3 Posts
jjrichar thanks again for the great writeup. I have used this 6 times now (4x with pan change) with no issues.

Jaymac17, I went with 3 ft lbs for the pan bolts (2 ft lb pass then 3 ft lb pass) and I have had no leaks, weeping or loose bolts after 6 months daily driving and 10 track days on two different cars (997.2 Targa 4 and 981 Boxster S).

Glad we have this type of community.

Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts